This course aims to prepare staff with theoretical, technical and practical knowledge for a proactive performance in the tourism system, considering its development, company management, and planning and development of tourism products. In the 3rd semester, this course is divided into two different areas:
- Management of Tourism Products - aims to prepare staff for the planning, development and management of tourism products and tourism destinations.
- Management of Tourism Companies - aims to prepare staff for managerial tasks in tourism companies, such as supervising and managing the planning and management departments, as well as marketing, commercial management, human resources’ management, and quality management departments.
Events’ management in several companies and institutions; management of commercial departments in the hospitality sector; management of cruise companies; management of public national, regional and local institutions; development and management of tourism products in tourism companies: travel agencies, tour operators, rent-a-car companies, airline companies.
60 (day course) + 45 (evening course)
Criteria for Admission
1) Through the National Admission Office to Higher Education, applicants with the 12th grade are subjected to admission exams in one of the subjects determined by the Scientific and Technical Council of the Estoril Higher Institute for Tourism and Hotel Studies:
- (04) Economics or (16) Mathematics or (09) Geography
(Academic Year 2014/2015 | Average of the last candidate placed in the course in the first phase of admission | Day Course – 140,4 out of 200 | Evening Course – 120,2 out of 200)
Admission Mark: 60% average mark of secondary education + 40% admission exam mark
2) Under the Special Admission system, there are specific rules for professional athletes, students from Portuguese-speaking African countries, and military officials.
3) Under the Special Admission system, there are specific rules for candidates who have either completed other higher education degrees or come from foreign higher education institutions.
4) Under the specific admission process for candidates over 23 years old, defined by each higher education institution.