This course aims at preparing staff to perform operational tasks (knowing how to do). Its goals also include learning how to manage food production and learning how to adapt to new realities.
Management of food production areas in the catering industry (traditional, collective and industrial areas); technical skills for: food production, dealing with food and safety systems and procedures, gastronomy, nutrition, and production management.
40 (day course) + 40 (evening course)
Criteria for Admission
1) Through the National Admission Office to Higher Education, applicants with the 12th grade are subjected to admission exams in one of the subjects determined by the Scientific and Technical Council of the Estoril Higher Institute for Tourism and Hotel Studies:
- (02) Biology and Geology or (04) Economics or (07) Physics and Chemistry
(Academic Year 2014/2015 | Average of the last candidate placed in the course in the first phase of admission | Day Course – 141,4 out of 200 | Evening Course – 105,2 out of 200)
Admission Mark: 60% average mark of secondary education + 40% admission exam mark
2) Under the Special Admission system, there are specific rules for professional athletes, students from Portuguese-speaking African countries, and military officials.
3) Under the Special Admission system, there are specific rules for candidates who have either completed other higher education degrees or come from foreign higher education institutions.
4) Under the specific admission process for candidates over 23 years old, defined by each higher education institution.